07 May 2009

The Carcass

Yet to this rot you shall be like,
To this horrid corruption,
Star of my eyes, sun of desire,
You, my angel and my passion!

The rest of the poem, can be found here

I stumbled across it some year ago, when we had to read it for Swedish-class in grade 10 or 11 (can't remember which), and I fell in love with it.

Off to last night and today...

The city was beautiful last night, it was dark (d'uh) and it was rain. All beautiful and clean and washed and the streetlights were reflecting in the puddles... I haven't seen that for months, and it was just heaven to step out into the moist, cool night. Then I came home, and eventually fell asleep.

How I made it to school on time this morning I have no idea, but apparently I was there even before 9. Only to be met by a sign on the door: Wildlife Management students go to room 121 at 9 for fieldtrip. WTF?! I imagine that was most students' reaction. Fieldtrip? Hike? WHAT?! Since when...? Apparently our teacher mentioned it sometime last week, and forgot to tell us yesterday. I got to miss English and Biology, so I'm not really complaining about that, on the other hand we were totally unprepared to spend ~2 hours out in the rain. My coat was good enough protection from the rain to start with, but eventually it got wet and cold. So we (me and 2 other girls) ended up huddling together very close to J, who's insane and has no feeling for cold what so ever. Good for us ^_^ Once back in the classroom we made hot chocolate with marshmallows, so the trip didn't end too badly.

Then came the snow. In May. Not sure if you can say pouring about snow, but it was pouring down. In May. I can't really grasp it. Yesterday it was +22 and sun and felt like summer. Today, all of a sudden, it was -1 and snow.

The day went on, went to my baby's house during the afternoon, played some cards and very sneakily stole some of his poutine. Now I'm home again, and trying to figure out what to do. I should do homework. But since when do I ever do homework when I'm supposed to? Never? :)

So, yeah, that's where I'm at now. Homework...

No comments:

Post a Comment